Discounts On Bags, Purses, Backpacks

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments Also Stands For; “Communities Working Together.” Is this the best kept secret on Colorado Springs and surrounding areas?


 This was an establish in motion for me after several years of making use of the Seniors Information and Assistance Directory (The Yellow Book), yup my dear friends it is my central means of survival in this town, Better yet a new edition comes out every year. Upon my arrival for a meeting With The Pikes Peak Area Council of aging,  I enthusiastic to learn more about his exceptional organization. Immediately, after this meeting I was meeting with my veterinarian, Dr. Vanderwel, I was hit with the worse news in my life.  My baby doggie, my child was dying.  With this now as my mind set, and praying and crying for a whole week-end, I had the dog in the car to take her the vet for him to handle matters.

I walked into The PPACG Area Agency of Aging’s Pikes Peak Area main offices at 14 South Chestnut Street and the receptionist, Carol; she was welcoming and charming, right away offering me something to drink, thank goodness as it was hot outside.  Then I met Carrie Schillinger, the Program Assistant on PPACG Area Agency on AgingShe arrived into the reception area and walked up to me and gave me a real hand shake which illustrates friendliness and strong confidence; this is evidence to me, that I was meeting  a dedicated and tremendously welcoming person, this proved to me that she cared about the person she was meeting and was roaring and ready to go.   We converse for a while then upon the arrival the main Director of PPACG Agency on Aging, Guy Dutra-Silveira area of aging, Guy Dtra-Silverira whom also bestowed upon me another great good hardy hand shakes, in my half a live time of working, this is rare. The one person was away and missed this meeting was; Mr. Jason Wilkinson; PPACG Policy and Communications Manger.

2010 Book is larger

We gather into the conference room and started our meeting right out of the gate. Did you know that the Area Agency on Aging?  The Aging’ Yellow Book for seniors has been around for over 15 years.  Each year there is a new addition to this book and you can pick it up in their office as well as all senior locations, like Peak Vista Senior Health Clinic, the senior community centers, and many more locations.  I use it nearly daily and it sits right on my desk, this is truthfully All Senior Citizens should  have this Yellow book, it is a must have…


This is the go to Agency for older caring information; referral resources, planning, stay in home meals which covers information which provides or supports services for seniors in El Paso, Park and Teller Counties.  In addition the Ombudsmen Provide on-site assistance to residents of long-term car Facilities and their families when problems arise furnishes help and provides advocacy and support.  The primary goal is to help facility residents and family member obtain the appropriate legal, social, and recreational, physical, and emotional services they are entitled to.

Do you need a ride, know your transportation options in the area?  The Family Caregivers Support Center Provides the tools to caregivers to help caregivers to help them manage care-giving responsibilities, while also caring for themselves, Senior Insurance Assistance in Family caregiver support, assisting you to comprehend your health insurance contracts, mobility management, which is a noble design and I am going to look further into this as I am a disabled senior myself. Information to senior information and Assistance, the PPACG provides the Network of Caring programs for the area service members, veterans and their families.

I appreciate I am trying to cover a lot of ground in this Fresh Ink article; however this is the center hub for all Aging help.  This organization furthermore partners with other agencies throughout our community to give a growing number of senior help and support them with information for their needs.  As a senior a resident of in this community, I experience and consider peace of mind knowing that the Area Agency on Aging is around to speak up for us, to help us. Accordingly make sure you get your yellow book the new edition will be out in a month, however 2011 is still available in small amounts.  Call them for further assistance at
719-471-2096

No comments:

Post a Comment