Discounts On Bags, Purses, Backpacks

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Largest Diamondback Rattle Snake

http://youtu.be/CU2W-UtNFbY
The Largest Diamondback Rattle Snake
While growing up I was reared in the high desert in a town called Lancaster California. A very small town with undeveloped breathing space of desert ubiquitously, the wind was always blowing and or legs and lips were dry and chapped. I remember one day, I was in six grade and wanted my legs to look shinny and nice. So that morning I put Vaseline all in excess over my legs, it was in relation to a mile to walk to school, and on the way a biting wind came up, we called them dirt devils. Nevertheless I was sprayed with dirt. I emerge at school with dirt stuck to my legs; I was so mortified, I simply wanted to go home. I had to run to the restroom to scrub all the dirt off my legs. OMG what a dork…

The entire spring and summer long we would play from the instant we could get out of the house; we amuse ourselves in the desert; built forts in the underground next to the yucca trees, or climbed up the large tall trees. It was more fun looking through the junk yards and old houses, we would take bits and pieces of objects to enhance our forts to fashion it like a home. We created a castle for my lizards and horny toads with roads, along with hide outs for them and a protective area so they couldn’t get out. Everyday I would round up ants and bugs for their meals…

We would hang out at the local ponds and catch tag poles…I loved these amazing creatures, I would bring them home and put them in a large round fish bowl with a large rock in the center, then I would position a slice of mesh over the top, so when the frogs started to grow their legs they needed a place to lounge and that was what the large rock in the center was for. They liked eating flies so they got a nice meal of these bugs as well. One day I came home from school and my mother was screaming as I opened the door to enter. She was terrified of my lizards, bugs, and tag poles. She was as fearful of my frogs, which had now grown their legs and jumped up, pushing the mesh off the top and were now roaming around the house…what an eventful day that was! When I think back at my mom, it is really hilarious.

While spending all my days as a desert rat, I would meet all the creatures that lived in the desert world. When you develop into one with nature and you are not anxious of this life, the creatures just pass you by, wave hello and off they go on their way. When you grow to become an adult and you learn to fear and become harmful, they can feel this energy, and then they are dangerous to you.
http://youtu.be/CU2W-UtNFbY
During the spring the Diamond Back Rattle snakes would shed their skins; we would search and save these exciting finds. This is when they come out of their winter slumber and come out hungry; they are great for getting rid of goffers, rats, mice. Snakes are a vital part of the ecosystem and need protection. Not until man understands and appreciates the beauty and importance of all life, can we fully benefit from Earth’s marvels and unlock her mysteries. Now, don’t get me wrong at this stage in my life I am so very scared of snakes, or you might call it a healthy respect.

However, during my youth, a Scorpion or Rattle Snake would pass us by while playing in the desert, and they just went along their merry way. Snakes can hear noise and stay hidden and Scorpions can feel the movement around them. Not once did I hear a rattle of warning I have seen a scorpion arch its back in warning. We understood these signs and feel lucky that I was allowed to play outside all day to learn about life and nature. Now our children can’t leave home without being watched.

Something I learned is that a baby snake's bit is more serious then an adult, and adult snakes fangs can run from an inch or longer. In Florida the snakes hide up and live in the palm trees and they are also documented and known to swim in salt water. However the larger and most dangerous Diamond Backs live in Texas…I feel sorry for some of those cattle! Most snakes grow to at least seven feet long, but the average size is three to four feet.

The most distinguishing feature, of course, is the rattle. This is a series of horn like structures at the end of the snake called the rattle, which they can add a new rattle two to three times per year. Now here are some pictures of the largest rattle Snake ever found, and he was captured in Texas. I hope you enjoy theses pictures of this unique and the largest Diamond every seen. Love & Peace


The copyright to this article is owned by Darlene Sabella. Permission to republish this article in print or online must be granted by the author in writing. (You can, however, freely use the opening introduction and photo with a link to the article here on RedGage and My Smashing Magazine to read the remainder of the article.) I am also a member of Copyscape, they hold all my articles and will show if anyone should copy my works...   ALL PHOTO BELOW CAME FROM MY FATHER ANTHONY SABELLA AND CAME FROM THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER IN TOWN.


The Diamondback Rattle Snake

15 foot Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake. Largest ever caught on record.

After seeing this, I did a little research, and learned the following:

One bite from a snake this large contains enough venom to kill over 40 full grown men.

The head alone is larger than the hand of a normal sized man.

This snake was probably alive when George H. W. Bush was President.

A bite from those fangs would equal being penetrated by two 1/4 inch screwdrivers.

A snake this size could easily swallow a 2 year-old child.

A snake this size has an approximately 5 and 1/2 foot accurate striking distance. (The distance for an average size Rattlesnake is about 2 feet)

Judging by the size of the snake, it is estimated to weigh over 170 pounds. How much do you weigh?


No comments:

Post a Comment