Discounts On Bags, Purses, Backpacks

Sunday, June 5, 2011

I’m extremely Apologetic, But You’re Late!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50206896@N00/5686051912/sizes/z/in/photostream/
 I’m Extremely Apologetic, But You’re Late!
What Is Your Pet Peeve?

Not all of your pet peeves, as we all do have them, maybe pick one that really disturbs you, for me it is, "Being late". I am constantly on time. I by no means would presume any person to wait for me for thirty minutes, more or less an hour or two hours. This is so rude, time is money and money is time, if it is business. If it is personal it’s still rude, how could you be capable of not show up at an appointed hour?

Oh, you said, “Time fly’s,” do you possess a watch, am I crazy or is the world not interested in time? If you are a person that is late, why are you running late, what seems to be the problem? For the record, I am never late; I was always really…at least fifteen to twenty minutes early, I would print out a map off the internet, if I am going someplace new. I will call ahead and find out directions, if I would be lost, I would call and tell them I’m on my way. I worked in the corporate world most of my life, and where I come from, being late, is not acceptable, ever!

To be candid I have never had a job where I had to clock in and clock out. I continuously showed up early and left late. I did the job, and desired to conclude my day’s drudgery before I would tackle the next day of work. If the people I have met in the past ten years, sought after success in the location I operated, I pledge to you, they would encounter Donald Trump in the board room, “Your Fired”. Perhaps the quandary only exists in different areas of the country or the world, or only in my mind…which does roam a bit these days.
When I was a young girl I had friends that were always late, I in no way would say anything to them, I was to shy and hated confrontations, furthermore, if I had in all actuality, an exciting date, Mr. Handsome, with his hot car and as cute and charming as my cute dog.
Subsequently, in those days, I may possibly be staring at the clock all dressed up, waiting and waiting, with my seductive dating garb on, flawless makeup and hair. I would sit motionless to look nice and pretty, however that was when I was young, and I abhorrent any kind of confrontation back then, conversely a young lady never would speak up. I guess because as a child I could on no account, express my feelings.
During those years, I really did feel disrespected; nevertheless I kept that opinion at bay. Now, as an old lady, “Off with your head.” I would not at all accept such bad behavior to be integrated into my life. Throughout my years of growing up and experiencing life, I encircled myself with friends that articulated the same concept about TIME. Perhaps my forefathers are not really Irish and Sicilian. Maybe, now this is a strong maybe, I come from a generation of Mayans; in another life I may possibly rendered a hand while constructing the calendar in the temple, where the sun was researched to follow the time. Yes, I believe I am right about this; these are my real distant relatives. Another thought; I choose the late natives as the sacrifice to the Gods.

What does time mean to you? Now, for the first time in my life, being retired has me forgetting what day it is, and I might have shown up for an appointment on the wrong day, however I was on time on those rare occasions. Also, for this key time in my life, I consent to allow time to be measured by those in the outside world; I merit this extra indulgence, of stop thinking about time in my home. Unless I have an appointment, and the only excuse I would have, if I don’t keep my appointment, is that I forgot to glace at my calendar and just plum forgot. On the other hand, old age works as an enormous excuse, but this is still not acceptable, even to me. If and when I have done such a thing, or admitted to it, I would accordingly be traumatized that I could of possibly done such an unspeakable deed as miss an appointment, being late, or showing up on the wrong day.

Thinking back I worked so much in my life, success was a feat I shrived for; even now I still can’t stop working. My fingers are surely bleed on the keyboard as I write; nevertheless I have faith in filling the time, being responsible, and taking full responsibility for my actions. Ops, I screwed up, that’s better then, um maybe George did that, not me, I didn’t do that…people that aren’t on time also blame everything on others. It’s the principle, like the “Ten Commandments” time ought to be the eleventh commandment.

Okay, I ponder you get my point, I have an issue, and that issue is “late people” they have cell phones, they drive through fast food places to eat, they have fast cars, a set of expensive watches, beautiful clocks all over the house (of course, late people would also have lots of mirrors all around the house as well), alarm clocks and fancy alarm watches. How in heavens name can a person be late over and over again? How do they keep their jobs? Both my children were born on their due date, so they are also great with time.  Maybe you can tell me, if you are a time person or a late person; I am fascinated in hearing what you have to say about this, most important issue.


The copyright to this article is owned by Darlene Sabella. Permission to republish this article in print or online must be granted by the author in writing. (You can, however, freely use the opening introduction and photo with a link to the article here on RedGage and My Smashing Magazine to read the remainder of the article.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment