Discounts On Bags, Purses, Backpacks

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Disability, are Scores of People Milking The System?


Disability, are Scores of People Milking The System?

What percentage would be considered true and accurate? Perhaps 80% of people are milking the system, and claim they are disabled. Now, I am disabled consequently don’t get me wrong, I consider the Social Security Disability program as being defrauded and abused. The system is on overload at this point, and we need to take a closer look into the practices of doctors, lawyers, social services and many other organizations and people who can benefit from this over burdened and over designed intervention.
I had no control and choice in being part of receiving funds for disability; hitherto our government will not allow me work until I am 65 years old or older. Hey, I tried to work, and then I lost most of my benefits, my goal to be dependent and to help myself which cost me to endure on my own. I performed a part time job as an accountant for a local company, conversely, I established that they would then remove the special programs that helped me to live. I considered it necessary to make the extra income to buy food and co-pays for doctors and medications. It was useless holding down a job where they were taking it away from me the amount I was making,I had to quit working as it was affecting my purpose for extra income. Yes, my activities are limited, but many companies will hire seniors; because we can be trusted, and we have years of experience.

Furthermore, many folks cope with life in different ways, various people cannot cope, yet life is all about challenges! Learning to cope, bounce back and get tough or as they say, “Man up”. My opinion; people merely give up, they don’t want to cope, it’s the school of hard knocks and they just throw up their hands and say, I can’t do this anymore. Let other people take care of me, I can’t do this anymore. Sound familiar? Is “not being able to cope” a realistic reason to walk away from life, to depend on others, perhaps stronger people to pick up the tab, scores of people who work, even grueling jobs to construct a living and they have to cope; keep moving forward, why not a healthy person with a mental illness some of them are at a mild level of mental illness, many can work part time or even hold down a professional job, yet others cannot.

At this instant, baby boomers are retiring, and with age we all acquire a particular form of a disability. Instantaneously the system will shut down over being used and abuse, what will happen to the truly and extremely disabled people? I claim an overnight shut down, I worry for our next generation, what are they going to do? Possibly we ought to re-organization this organism to function in a means with a different method so that the suitable people don’t fall through the cracks. And, the fake jokers have an obligation to work. Is laziness or just giving up enough of an explanation for hard working folks to lug them along for the ride?

Without hesitation, I agree mental illness is a huge factor; the main problem, is they are functioning without being noticed, they are not showing their pain, they carry no bandages, crutches, canes, wheelchairs and bald heads, these people suffer silently, how can we judge? Only their doctors and other medical professionals that remain in secure contact with them know how serious their mental illness is, yet there are people who think; it's easy to work the system if any person so chooses. I fear that a countless of homeless people are very challenged with serious mental illness, how on Earth did they fall through the cracks, perhaps they have no family and could not function enough to apply for help. We need to take a deep-rooted look on this part of society that is draining our resources. Love & peace

The medication for mental illnesses are serious drugs and they are handed out like candy. The cost of these drugs are so expensive it's hard to afford them. Sometimes it come to; should I buy groceries this month or should I get my medication? All the programs that were in affect for the poor seniors or disabled have been removed since Obama has been in office. Unless you are a part of this society you would never know how bad it is for the older, disabled and poor people in the United States of America. These people are thought of as throw away's, therefore think twice when you find yourself growing older. Who would you want at the helm?


The copyright to this article is owned by Darlene Sabella. Permission to republish this article in print or online must be granted by the author in writing. (You can, however, freely use the opening introduction and photo with a link to the article here on my Smashing Magazine Gage to read the remainder of the article.) I am also a member of Copy-scape, they hold all my articles and will show if anyone should copy my articles...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment