Discounts On Bags, Purses, Backpacks

Monday, April 11, 2011

Granny's Home Made Remedy

photo Darlene Sabella
Grandma’s Home Remedy Cures

When I would go visit my Grandmother, while she lived in Florida, she was a snow bird from New York, and raised as a middle child out of his 15 kid, her dad Dr. Thompson of Alabama. My mother was always taking me to the doctor, excluding whenever I visited Grandma, she would by no means take me to the doctor, if I tumble and hurt myself, she would immediately rub honey on my incision and my sore would restore back to health.

In addition, I know that honey has been used for more the 4,000 years to treat ailments ranging from wounds to diarrhea, yup that is a fact. My gran would smear me with honey, which saved me from taking all those antibiotics, which is a serious cause for Candida yeast infections. She would use vinegar for bug bites, dandruff, food poisoning, and varicose veins; olive oil for Breast cancer, high blood pressure, memory loss and arthritis.

She came from the back country side of Alabama and I presumption is she gain knowledge of many of these remedies, from her farther, who was situated as the local town doctor, this may be how he treated his patients. She possessed notes from him that she clearly kept increasing; I wonder where all those notes are now? I commit to memory, that she used fiber, said it helped with her constipation, high cholesterol, and weight loss.

photo Darlene Sabella
Nevertheless my favorite, is her cure for planters warts, when I was a young girl and pregnant with my first child. I was a little desert rascal and never wore shoes, I hate shoes and still love to walk barefoot. In any case, I got these round sores on the bottom of my feet and I suffered it painful when I walked. I was told that I had planter’s warts, did I call mom, nope I called grandma, and she advised me to buy a cheap bottle of aspirin, lots of band aids. She told me to get an aspirin and make it moist resembling a paste, situate this paste on the open planter’s wart and then place a band aid on top of the aspirin and add another band aid, like cress cross. Do this about three times a day, put on socks and in a short time, maybe a month you will be back on routine.

The aspirin traveled right up to the root of my planters warts and eliminated it, and I have never had one return. My husband’s mother had them all beneath the bottom of her feet; her doctor performed surgery on her to remove them. However, he by no means acquire the root, so loads of them would increase; she was always in so much pain. The native Americans, named the bottom of our feet, the soles, the reason was because when you are bare foot your soles of your feet are the first thing to touch grass, water, rocks, cactus, and other objects, this became a reminder of your “soul” and how it relates to “feeling” first what you walk on and then registers this information to your brain. I think that is totally cool.
How about treating your kidney stones with bananas instead of painful and expensive drugs. How about Flaxseed oil, it contains a type of fatty acid that helps lower blood pressure and the risk of strokes and cancer. Not bad to taste I must admit. Also eat a crispy apple a day to keep your asthma at bay. A dash of horseradish fights tooth decay and protects your teeth. God created everything for us, it’s all in nature, and we don’t need to take man made commodities. Reach outside to your apple tree, or orange tree, grow your own food, be sure to get an aloe vera plant, this will in addition heal cuts, and make scars disappear.

Furthermore, for acid reflex, go to the health food store and buy a jug of Aloe Vera Gel, and a jug of distilled water. Drink this several times a day and you will heal your stomach and your acid reflex. I love home remedy, and hope you enjoy my hub, God Bless nature…

http://www.darlenesabella.blogspot.com/

The copyright to this article is owned by Darlene Sabella. Permission to republish this article in print or online must be granted by the author in writing. (You can, however, freely use the opening introduction and photo with a link to the article here on My Smashing Magazine to read the remainder of the article.)

No comments:

Post a Comment